Vermont’s 2015 Worksite Wellness Conference a success!
The Vermont Worksite Wellness Conference, held on March 25, 2015 at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Burlington, VT, serves as a yearly training opportunity for worksites from across the state to come and learn from experts and each other about worksite wellness resources and initiatives.
The 2015 conference demonstrated considerable growth compared to previous years. Some highlights include:
- Over 425 registrants from 4 states (Vermont, New Hampshire, New York and Massachusetts).
- Ninety-two Worksite Wellness Awards given to Vermont Worksites from the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
- Fifteen “Supporting Nursing Moms at Work” grantees were honored and eight “Green Thumbs at Work” grantees were announced.
- Nine breakout sessions focusing on a range of topics from nutrition and fitness to engagement and employee assistance program services.
- Twenty-six health and wellness exhibitors offering services and technical assistance for the advancement of worksite wellness program
One conference attendees noted “The breakout session topics were great and gave a variety of topic options. Our car ride back was full of discussion about the different things each of us learned at the different sessions.” That is the overall goal, companies learning and sharing with each other.
The conference evaluations will be reviewed and planning for 2016 will start soon. The planning committee is committed to improving the conference and is looking forward to the feedback provided by participants, speakers and exhibitors. The Annual Worksite Wellness Conference is an integral part of worksite wellness in Vermont and employers look forward to it as a training opportunity every year.
Natalie Schubel is the statewide worksite wellness coordinator for the Vermont Department of Health